Makes about 4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- fresh mint stem and leaves
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, sliced
In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and stir mixture with a rubber scraper to combine. Turn heat to medium low and add the fresh mint and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes to infuse flavor. Strain liquid into a jar and refrigerate until cold (this can be stored for several weeks in the refrigerator).
- 1 recipe simple syrup
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and diced (plus a few thin slices for garnish)
- 6 fresh mint leaves (plus a few for garnish)
- 4 oz peach juice (drained from a can of peaches in 100% juice)
- 4 oz bourbon
- 1 liter ginger ale
In a glass picture, muddle the simple syrup, diced peaches and mint leaves using a wooden spoon. Add peach juice and bourbon. Fill pitcher the rest of the way with ginger ale.